Tuesday, October 13, 2009

post 4

First off I wanted to post my logo ideas, just for fun. Also a disclaimer, the colors are way off for some reason! The green in the trees is too blue, the blue leaf should be yellow and the orange/yellow buildings should be blue. I'm not sure why it looks this way, but you get the idea.
I was really in the speaker we had today, I thought it was really interesting to show how maps and GIS could can now be used. I took a class on Geographical Information Systems, so I already had an idea of how geographic images could be utilized to collect various data, which is interesting on its own. However, I thought the deep map project with the trees is especially intriguing, because of my art background, but also after taking a GIS class. I think its going to be really interesting to see how people form relationships with certain trees, and if any trends appear after mapping out all of the trees in along the lakefront.
Another aspect that I thought was meaningful in the presentation today were the maps actually showing wilderness areas in Chicago. This presentation today was all about cross-over with other classes I've taken, because I also took an environmental studies class about tall grass prairie conservation in Chicago. Before that class I knew next to nothing about wilderness areas around Chicago, but since taking it I've become very interested in them so its nice to know that more people are becoming aware of Chicago Wilderness.
Finally I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the work that my classmates are putting into the green audit project, and I'm excited to see the results of the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment